When you get a potential customer on the phone, you probably begin with a standard question and answer session focused around the policy details. Asking these questions is an essential part of the quoting process, but how you deliver them can have a significant impact on the tone and flow of the call. Conversational-style questions aren’t just about getting the information. They develop trust from the consumer, make them feel more comfortable providing personal details to a total stranger, and help turn the conversation from “stale sales call” into a friendly conversation.
Play around with the following questions and see how incorporating a more personal touch can impact your sales calls.
Getting to Know the Lead
- Can you tell me about your [background, job, reason for contacting us] so I can help you find the best options?
- What insurance or asset protection problems can I help you solve today?
- Is there a reason you are looking at switching insurance providers so I know if we can meet your expectations?
- How much experience do you have with [general policies] so I can be sure to answer all of your questions thoroughly?
- What concerns do you have about [auto, home, life] insurance at your age?
- What challenges have you had in the past with previous policies?
- Can you share a little about your future goals and aspirations to help find the best option for you?
- What is one thing that I can help with right now that might make your life easier?
- Will you be the only decision-maker, or is there someone else who will be considering this policy?
- Have you spoken to other companies about obtaining a policy? (If yes) What was your experience like with them?
Middle of the Pitch
- Does what I’ve explained so far make sense, or is there anything I can go over in more detail?
- Does this sound like it would meet your needs?
- When will you be needing to start your new coverage?
- Is there anything that may arise in the next couple years that could change how we’re looking at these options now?
- Do these options sound like they’ll fit your budget?
- What is your preferred budget and your “absolute limit” budget?
- Aside from the cost, what features are you interested in comparing?
- Now that I’ve explained the features, how does this plan sound to you?
- Is there anything else that I can help with that we haven’t discussed?
- Do you have any hesitations about these policies?
- Is there anything you feel needs to be adjusted to better meet your needs?
Closing the Sale
- Do you feel like this amount of coverage would work for you?
- Do you have any questions on next steps?
- Are you ready to move forward with this policy?
- Would you be available to secure this policy on Thursday morning?
- Based on our conversation, how do you feel about the service I’ve provided today?
157 Yesler Way, Ste 400
Seattle, Wa 98104
QuoteWizard is a